header

header

Monday, October 4, 2010

Date Set

Recieved a call from surgeons office this morning, at work no less, and they have set a date. I am scheduled for surgery October 13th. OK, so this took me totally off guard. What happened to the end of the month??? I was ready for the end of the month, but next week, .....I don't think so. Control again out the window. Everytime I think I have a little control over something, it has become painfully aware that I am not. This whole thing has been so out of my control. They set up the appointments with the consulting doctors, the testing schedules, and now surgery, you are just told when to be there. Well they do ask you if it's OK, but you know that you don't really have a choice. So what now? Well I have an appointment with plastic surgeon on Thursday and the surgeon on Monday. Coffee with a friend on Friday, another friend wanted to meet for coffee sometime this week. Grandkids tomorrow night. Maybe a getaway this weekend with hubby. Housecleaning has been moved to the oh well category. Bedroom has to be finished and put back together. Again focusing on what is important and what is not. Trying to remember that although this has caught me by surprise, it did not catch God by surprise. Something I wrote down yesterday from our sermon on  Mark 4:37-41 "The storm was beyond man's control, why are you afraid, you forgot the word, you didn't see his presence in the boat as being sufficient"This storm is definately out of my control, I have to get back to the point where his being present in the boat with me is sufficient.

No comments: