header

header

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fatigue

Feeling better physically, but oh the fatigue. I expected it somewhat, but not to the degree I am experiencing it. Showering and dressing are activities that can require a nap following and a trip to the doctor will wipe me out for the entire day. So I did expect some physical fatigue but the mental fatigue has been quite a surprise. Prior to surgery I had picked out books to read, thought I could do some photo editing, listen to teachings on my IPod etc. Ok, so I don't have the concentration for any of that. The biggest mental challenge I am up to is deciding which movie would be the best to sleep through. "Gone With the Wind" is a great one for that. I have seen it so many times no matter where I doze off, I can pick up the story line with no problem. "Sense and Sensibilities" another great sleeper. Used to doing, doing , doing,  most of the time doing more than one thing at once (I am a great multitasker), so this is pretty difficult for me. Hard for me to just sit in the recliner all day. I am trusting that each day will get better, knowing that there are lessons to be learned from every situation we find ourselves in, knowing that this is part of the journey for me. This is part of the "what I can control and what I cannot" lesson and how to be content in whatever circumstance you find yourself in. I pray the Lord will help me do that with each passing day.

No comments: