header

header

Monday, February 4, 2013

Warm Goodness For A Cold Day

We love all kinds of soups during the winter. Paired with some bread and a salad and you have dinner. The bonus for us is that most recipes make enough soup for us to freeze for another meal to be used at a later date...I love that part. A friend made this soup for me a couple of years ago, she got the recipe from another friend...bottom line, we have no idea where the recipe came from. It is perfect for a cold winter day like today and it's so easy to make.



Italian Beef and Bean Soup
1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic
1 cup sliced carrots
1 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
1 14 1/2ounce can Italian style tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
2 cans beef broth
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups fresh spinach

Cook the ground beef and the garlic, add the carrots (I slice the carrots and precook in the microwave a bit to soften) Then add remaining ingredients except spinach and zucchini and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. I then add the zucchini, cook until soft and then add the spinach. I use baby spinach and pull it right from the bag ( I also use more than 2 cups because we like spinach) This soup is very forgiving, you can adjust to suits your tastes. This recipe serves 4-6 people

4 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

This sounds so yummy. I've already put the ingredients on the grocery list. ;-)

Persis said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks good. :)

Sandy said...

Looks and sounds yummy. I made chicken tortilla soup on Sunday and my family devoured it. It's a real favorite around here. Remember the old Campbell's soup commercial from years ago? "Soup is good food." Canned soup is the pits, but a fresh homemade soup...ahh, nothing quite so nourishing!

Nancy said...

We love soup....My husband could eat soup and salad everyday for lunch and lots of time we do the same thing at night....

I made Vegetable Soup, Cheddar Broccoli, and three bean this week...so you can see we do eat lots of soup...Your receipt looks delicious...