But on to the purpose of the post... that is to stop a moment and take time to list some of the things I have to be thankful for.
- For little helpers always willing to lend a hand (I know you have seen this little one with a swifer before...I really don't make them clean when they come...they want to help) (and I don't usually wear socks with sandals...really, I don't)
- For the roses blooming in the yard and at the Gardens
- For the mild spring,we have been having, I have not had to run the air conditioner...we have been able to open the windows which has brought in lots of fresh air...love it
- For the opportunity to go strawberry picking with the two youngest grandchildren...we later made strawberry freezer jam and froze some for smoothies later
- For the opportunity to attend a free concert in Washington DC last weekend...especially thankful that I was physically able to make the trip...there was a moment when I wondered how I was going to do it
- The trip to DC wasn't just to attend a free concert, that was just an unexpected blessing. The purpose of the trip was to attend the graduation of our youngest son. Excited to see what the Lord has for him in this next chapter of his life
"How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light." Psalm 36:7-9