header

header

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Train Is Back At The Station


Concentration and the ability to put thoughts together on the computer has been a challenge for me the last week, in fact there have been days when I have felt like I was on a runaway train AND to make matters worse anyone who had the pleasure of interacting with me during this time probably felt like they were on that train with me....all because of an unexpected response to a new medication which necessitated changes in ones I had been on previously.

There had been a plan.... which had to be changed, then revised, then revised again, all within a week's time. My body did not respond well to all those changes, as I said before, I felt like I was on a runaway train...think major anxiety attack....and everything that goes along with that

The good news is that the train is back at the station, I am beginning to feel somewhat "normal" again, there has been valuable information obtained because of how I  responded to that new med and it looks like I will be able to stop one of the medications I have been taking for years that has so many bad side effects associated with it. We are not there yet but I am encouraged,  I have another appointment next week.

Not one of my best weeks but there is something that I realized. When I was in the midst of all the physical stuff that was going on I had a terrible time trying to read scripture...I couldn't concentrate... even listening to scripture or teachings overloaded my senses...I couldn't do it. Scripture is where I get my comfort, it helps remind me of truth....thankfully the Lord was faithful in bringing to mind scripture I had memorized in the past, not much mind you but a couple of key verses...it was what got me through a difficult night.

I have never been good at committing scripture to memory, I know where to find verses in the bible but honestly when I was feeling my worst that wasn't real helpful...NOTE TO SELF....there is value in memorizing scripture....in times of crisis it's what you've stored away that you will have access to


.





8 comments:

Camille said...

Sorry it has been such a trying time for you my friend. Praying for you tonight...

With Love,
Camille

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Oh it is so true, that word is hidden in our hearts when we memorize scripture. Also... He was near even when you couldn't concentrate. I pray that it will all balance out and stabilize. Glad that week is over. Have a happy Mother's Day.

Sandy said...

I am sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time adjusting to the meds, Maryann. I know all about that due to my sweet son.
I hope your Mother's Day is a wonderful one filled with joy and peace.
Love~

Debbie said...

I am sorry that it was such a bad week. Sometimes those meds to help us can be soo hard to deal with. But I am glad you were able to draw some scripture to mind. He is with us rather we can or not and that is always comforting to me. Praying it is all sorted out quickly! In the meantime, have a wonderful mother's day!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Thinking of you today and praying this new week is so much better than the last!

Debbie said...

I am not even on medication yet feel like a racing train is inside my head these days. I can't even imagine how it has felt for you with an actual cause and reason for this.

I am glad to read that they figured out what was wrong and are working to correct it, and I have to tell you that your words regarding scripture memorization really hit home to me.

I am very much like you. I NEED to memorize more.

no spring chicken said...

Well said. I'm so glad to hear your train is back at the station. :)

I too have difficulty committing scripture to memory. I've made it compulsory for the kids because I know what I lack and I want them to enjoy the blessing of a heart full of truth.

Praying that continues to go well with you.

Blessings, Debbie

Petra said...

I'm sorry that you've had to go through this, and whatever may come, know that your words here are a blessing reminding me to memorize God's precious word and to not take things for granted. I pray that the days/week to come will be better!