header

header

Monday, October 28, 2013

Delighting In The Everyday


Last week was a pretty productive for me. I was able to clean closets, sort through clothes, do laundry, try some new recipes and purchase some pansies to plant for fall color. I know this doesn't sound all that exciting, but for me, it represented "normal"  I had been feeling like I was "treading water" the last several weeks, not really bad, but not good either, and I wasn't given any promise of things getting better...not something I wanted to hear.

So last week was a "normal" week and I delighted in each and every day. I enjoyed cleaning closets, sorting through clutter and yes, doing laundry. I was acutely aware of how thankful I was to be able to take care of my family and home.

Don't we all have something to be thankful for no matter what our lives look like, I know I do, and I also know I fall short in thanking the Lord for the many blessings he provides in my life. Praying that the Lord will help me develop a more grateful spirit.


3 comments:

Debbie said...

yes, I too thank God for normal! I soo get this. I am glad you had a good week, and I pray that many, many more are in store for you! HUGS!

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

This was for me...I seem to be trying to find normal, but the reality is what is before me is probably my normal..and yes, I need to say thanks!
So glad you had a normal week.

Camille said...

Sweet friend, you are so right. We have much to thank the Lord for. He is Good. My sister-in-love has often spoken of "the blessings of routine"...so true, isn't it? *Routine* is a blessing! May the Lord give you many more *routine* days and weeks ahead. Love, Camille