header

header

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

February Moments

 When gathering the photos for this month, I found the recurring theme was definitely snow. I had more snow photos than anything else. Snow was also the main topic of conversation between anyone I came into contact with, for awhile, even complete strangers. It disrupted schedules and routines and slowed us down quite a bit. I passed the time indoors cooking and trying new recipes....my husband was the happy recipient

February is also a month of celebrations for us and this year we had some surprises (I might add at a time I needed it the most...I saw this as God's kindness, in my life) I started out the month a little bit down, I was really missing my little Frontier Family, they wouldn't be around to celebrate with us this year and I wasn't going to have any little hands helping me make heart shaped sugar cookies. Photo below was taken a couple of years ago.


I still made the cookies, one decorated batch for us and one undecorated batch for them (with supplies to decorate shipped to them in their monthly "Happy Box" ) Making the cookies was therapeutic for me and was thoroughly enjoyed by my husband...again...the happy recipient of the decorated cookies. 

The surprise we had this month, was some unexpected visits from our youngest son. He had a job in town...for three weekends in a row!!! (one of the weekends just happened to fall on Valentines Day and Hubby's birthday) It has been a blessing to be able to spend some time with him, and the timing could not have been better. He will be back again this weekend...and we get t go to another concert!

I could go on about the rest of of month, but photos paint a much better picture. Did you all make any February memories?



8 comments:

Camille said...

Wonderful! SO happy for you that you had those surprise visits from your musician and virtual visits with your grands. I know you are counting the days until you see them in person. Not long now! Hugs, Camille

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely post filled with sweet memories in February. Love the photos of you and your DH.

Enjoy the day and the rest of the week and weekend.

Love & Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Creations By Cindy said...

Love all the pictures filled with great memories. Cooking making looked fun! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debbie said...

I love the idea of a "happy box"! Might have to take that up myself. I soo identify with you. I have not seen those little New Mexico grands since Nov and it seems much longer! I miss them so. Probably won't see them until the end of April when their little sister arrives either. I do talk to them (as much as a 21 month old can talk, lol) on the phone as much as I can so they don't forget me. LOVED your pictures. Soo much snow. Can't identify there, lol. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Love the pictures. February was a long month for me and yet, God was so faithful. Snow...here also!

Cheryl said...

I always love your Gathering the Moments posts, Maryann! It is lovely to read of your surprise visits, your here-and-there cookies (what a great idea!), and see your smiling faces.

Oh my...the snow! It has been plentiful this year, hasn't it? Recording it in beautiful photos makes it seem nicer. :)

Is the water frozen around that pier?

Laura said...

Good Morning, Maryann...and thank you so much for stopping by my blog for a little visit! I just love the name of your blog...one of my most favorite hymns. I really enjoyed your photos...and can certainly identify with all the snow! We will all be so grateful for spring this year...it gives us something to look forward to!

I will be back to visit again soon!
Have a blessed day,
Laura ♥

Pam said...

I have some nice February memories. I feel for you in the missing of your children and grandchildren, as I have had so many years of that, and of sending Valentines boxes. I love your sweet attitude about it all. This year I delighted in being with my grandchildren, and having a little party. I love your box of cookies to decorate; I actually thought to do the same thing for my North Carolina Grandchildren, and then it turned out that we got to go and visit them. How wonderful to have your son home. A wonderful treat, I know. Happy Birthday to your Hubby, and may your Spring time come quickly.
Many Blessings,
Pam