header

header

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Moments

It's hard for me to describe March, there were some highs and lows.

We were able to spend some extra time with our youngest son because he was called to sub in our local orchestra a couple of times. A business trip to DC gave us another opportunity to connect. Those times spent together with him were a blessing to us and came at a time when winter seemed like it would never end and I was missing family.

We did lots of baking in March. We've managed to keep the "start" alive that we got from my son's roommate last fall and have been making sourdough bread about once a week. My husband has been the pro at this. I've lost count on how many pies and scones I have baked, all with apple of course. My goal was to have all the apples gone by now but I still have enough apples in my fridge for a couple more pies. Maybe we got carried away on our apple picking excursion last fall.

March came in like a lion and I thought it was going to go out like a lion (it was freezing Saturday) but we had temperatures in the 70's yesterday so I guess March officially went out like a lamb.

My MIL sister passed away last month. Even though she wasn't young, it was very unexpected and will leave a huge void in my MIL's life. She was faithful in calling my MIL every night to check to see how she was doing. Another reminder that life can and often will change in a moments notice.

Our little dog passed away, he was 18, and my son just so happened to be home when he passed, I saw that as God's grace, Angus was really his dog. We have decided to be pet free for awhile.

The weather here is getting warmer, flowers are blooming and trees are budding, signs of spring all over the place. The time is getting closer for us to be able to hug those grands of ours, they are planning on visiting after school is out. I'm praying it all goes as planned

The Lord keeps reminding me that things, life can change in a moment, we must put our trust in Him who never changes




10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It is wonderful knowing our God never changes. He is with us whatever is going on in our lives.

Happy Spring and Happy Easter week ~ FlowerLady

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a sweet post and yes, life can change in a moment's notice. But, thankfully we serve a never changing, always present God.

Easter blessings to you!

Camille said...

Such precious blessings! I do hope you get your grand visit in as planned. And, so sorry about your little doggy. 18 is a ripe old age for a furry friend!! I am sorry too for your MIL's sister's passing into eternity...how much she will be missed! How precious each day is. Hugs to you, Camille

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

The one constant in all the change that occurs in our lives is that God is right beside us ... even if we don't think we feel Him near.

Debbie said...

This is the second post I read this morning about that inevitable thing called "change". Nothing in this life ever really stays the same. And as we ride along (rather we go willingly or dragging our feet) it is always SOO comforting to know, that our God remains steadfast and sure. To be counted on NOT to change. Doesn't get much better....Enjoy the rest of your week!

Creations By Cindy said...

Enjoyed looking at your pictures. So sorry to hear about your MIL sister and our dog. Bless your heart. Yes Maryann life does change but praise the Lord we serve a risen God that never changes! Happy Easter my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Cheryl said...

As always, I enjoyed seeing your "moments" as you reflected on the Lord's goodness again this month. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother-in-law's sister and also of the loss of your furry family member, though I hear that you are finding grace even in that.

I know that you are excitedly awaiting the visit with your faraway family!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sorry about your losses. Loving those sweet faces in your photos. Sending happy Easter wishes!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Sorry for your loss. Your pictures capture a full month..and yes, change comes so unexpectedly.

Pam said...

I enjoyed reading your updates. So sorry about your little dog. That was very sweet that your son happened to be home at that time. We still have 2 dogs, we seem to acquire them with our children. We were dogless for a short season, and liked the freedom, but miss having the company… so I guess we will probably always have them. Have a wonderful week