header

header

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Dose of Truth

"With God "is no variablesness, neither shadow of turning" Whatever his attributes were of old, they are now; his power, his wisdom, his justice, his truth are alike unchanged. He has ever been the refuge of his people, their stronghold in the day of trouble, and He is their sure Helper still. He is unchanged in his love. He has loved his people with "an everlasting love," He loves them now as much as he ever did, and when earthly things shall have melted in the last configuration, his love will still wear the dew of it's youth. Precious is the assurance that he changes not."

Excerpt from C.H Spurgeon, Morning and Evening, Morning Nov1

Seasons change, our life circumstances change, the world around us continues to change. Isn't a comfort to know that the one who rules over all things never changes. I know this truth helps me as I face each day not knowing what's around the corner next! My life may be in constant flux but my God never changes, I can put my hope in this!

"I the Lord do not change"  Malachi 3:6

6 comments:

Pam said...

This is truly the hope and the joy that anchors us isn't it? Even more so in the times that we live in. Thank you for the word of encouragement.
Many Blessings,

NanaNor's said...

Amen! Love this post and we all need to remember this when the days get dark.
Hugs, Noreen

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thanks for this encouraging post. It is wonderful knowing God never changes and that we can depend on Him for everything.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Connie said...

I love this post and the title of your blog. I was a reader in the past, then I deleted my blog and stopped following all blogs; then I felt OK about starting again and so now I am.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Amen!! It's hard for me to relinquish control, but reading this reminds me that I can be safe giving up control to God. What an encouragement you are.

Cheryl said...

What a comforting post to read tonight! Only the dear Lord knows how much I needed this. Thank you ever so much for minding His voice and speaking His mind. God bless you, my friend!