header

header

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Week In Pictures









Last few photos from Monterey...we left Friday and are now back home. Because my husband was working much of the trip, there was lots of time alone, I had some concerns about that before we left, what would I do with myself all day? I had brought books to read, and I had my computer, so there was plenty to keep me occupied. Our room was equipped with a coffepot, hot plate and small fridge so I was able to do breakfast and lunch without having to go out. Mornings were spent reading while sipping coffee and munching on bread that I crisped in a skillet. By noon the weather generally cleared (lots of fog) and I would venture out and explore the area. Favorite destinations were Big Sur and Point Lobos State Reserve.

I was encouraged by friends before I left, to use this time to be quiet before the Lord. You would think it would be easy being away from every day distractions but it was really hard. I don't do quiet well, that being said, I needed the quiet, I needed to take a good look at what I was doing, look at things that needed to change. The job has been the subject of much discussion in our home the last several weeks and being away from it for awhile has been good...I needed the distance. We have decided I will continue with it but on a much limited basis. It was one of the things that has been adding a lot of noise to my life. When praying for direction there was no big lightening bolt moment, but more of a...you already know what you are supposed to do whisper. Family, friends...invest in what I have already given you...invest in what will have lasting value. Nice to be gone, nice to be back 


























4 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Maryann, You were in my old stomping ground-and I love Monterey and Carmel; in fact every time I go back I visit friends there. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm glad you had some insight about your job. Praying for continued direction.
Hugs, Noreen

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

My hubby and I honeymooned in Carmel by the Sea ... we spent some time in Monterey, too ... and I'd love to go back.

Petra said...

Beautiful place and reflections!

Creations By Cindy said...

Beautiful pics! Hugs and blessings, Cindy