header

header

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Impromptu Photo Shoot


We have been trying to get a family photo done this year but hadn't been very successful. So then we thought, maybe just a photo of my son's family. We had tried  getting the four grandchildren a couple of times but it seemed each time someone wasn't cooperating. When you have three children under the age of five that shouldn't be surprising.

I asked my DIL and son this morning at church if they would be willing to give it another try...they were.... I have to give them some kudos on this one....there was no warning. After church was over we headed to a local park, we knew we were taking a chance because kids were tired and hungry but figured we could at least try.

When we pulled into the park the kids were excited, the three year old ran ahead to the playground, then they all started to scatter. We tried to gather them together for a shot, (think herding cats) but there were tears because the three year old wanted to play, so we just let them go and took candids of the kids instead....figured a group shot wasn't going to happen.

Then the oldest decided it would be a neat idea to climb up this rock, well you know what one does they all have to do....we had our chance. One by one each child either climbed up or was hoisted up by the oldest. Then mom and dad climbed up....when I think about it now it was probably pretty crazy but we got our shot! My son and DIL happy with the results.



             Missy Miss decided to climb the 8 foot rock first (notice the sign in above photo with the baby)


                                                   Everyone else was soon to follow


Success


                                                  Getting down was a little trickier

If there is any advice I can give when it comes to photographing little ones, it's let kids be kids, follow them around and maybe you will get that shot

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh it is a PERFECT family shot! I LOVE it! I am forever trying for the same thing, haha. My dream is ALL of my grandkids with me and hubby. We will try AGAIN on Christmas. Have a wonderful day! HUGS

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I am applauding you and your continued effort...it has been before Benjamin was born that we had a professional family picture...that is not good, and mine just won't work with me...LOL, those boys

These are precious...

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Maryann I just love those photos-the family one is great!
We had a hard time too trying to get hubby, the dog and I.
Hope you have a wonderful day; thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Noreen

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Just have to be creative when taking pictures of kids. That family shot turned out wonderfully!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Those photos could not be better shot by a professional photographer ~ they are perfect! Sweet family too :)

Pamela said...

Adorable children. Your tip on taking children's pictures is great. I "follow them around" a lot!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! You are blessed. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Just Be Real said...

Lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Camille said...

Yes, impromptu is often the best, and *candid* is the way to go with children. What a blessing that it worked out. Your grandchildren are lovely my friend. Thank you so much for all your sweet encouragement over at *my place*...you bless my heart!

With Love,
Camille