header

header

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Garden




The weather has been, oh so delightful, and my garden has taken on new life. Our roses are putting on one last show before the temperatures plummet and the marigolds are dominating the flower bed with their orange and yellow blooms.



The garden centers around town are full of pansies. I stopped by one garden center today that had pansies and viola's on the clearance racks, trying to make room for Christmas trees and decorations. I was only too happy to take advantage of the reduced prices. I spent the afternoon filling up pots with pansies for some fall and winter color.






                                               The mums are still going strong as well



I know I am going to have to put these flip flops away for the season soon but until that day I am going to continue to enjoy this beautiful weather. 


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your flowers looks lovely, Maryann! Flowers are no longer blooming here in the mountains and the trees have pretty much lost all of their leaves. This morning it was down to 21 degrees outside - brrr...

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week! Hugs!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I do love pansies and all their color. Beautiful pictures!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Beautiful pictures! There are still some flowers blooming here ... but not for much longer, I'm afraid. It's supposed to get into the 20's Friday night. Brrrr

Anonymous said...

Hi Maryann, I used to take no interest in pictures of flowers until my husband bought me an awesome camera. Now I cannot stop myself from taking tons of pics of those very same flowers. I cant help it because I see such beauty and creativity in these beautiful creations of the Lord. He is "the" artist is He not?! Great pics and love the flipflops!
God bless
Tracy

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Maryann, I love your garden! The colors are so pretty. God sure knew what He was doing when He gave us such beauty! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Flowers are gifts from our Creator, to lighten our days and fill our lives with beautiful color.

Lovely colored toesies too.

Enjoy the rest of your week ~ FlowerLady

living from glory to glory said...

Love the flowers and the toes!
Have a wonderful November...
We are so blessed, dear friend!
Hugs, Roxy