header

header

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Success


I'll bet you are wondering how our yard sale went...I know you are!

Well, you already know we were less than enthusiastic about having a yard sale, but I can happily say we were successful. None of the stuff we drug outside and set up on tables and bins came back into the house.

Now before you get too excited about how well we did, you must understand husband and I had made a pact, if it didn't sell, it wasn't going back in the house. When the appointed time for the yard sale to end arrived, we loaded up the wagon and carted what was left to the nearest thrift store. The car was full...no room for passengers and it felt wonderful...my definition of success.

I still don't like holding yard sales, and not sure if I will be doing another one anytime soon but this one provided me with a unexpected opportunity.

I met a neighbor who lived around the corner. She was looking through some of my cookbooks and asked me if I cooked,  I told her I did, but seldom used those cookbooks anymore. She suggested we get together and cook, she could teach me some of her dishes and I could show her some of mine. We talked grandchildren, and possibly getting together and walking in the mornings. Before she left we ended up exchanging phone numbers with a promise to meet up soon.  Just in case your wondering, something like this would be totally out of my comfort zone (making plans on getting together with a perfect stranger) but I am trying to be more aware of opportunities to share the good news of the gospel...maybe this will turn out to be one of those opportunities.

Our lives have been anything but predictable these last several weeks...God at work




4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.

I think it is lovely and exciting that you have made a new friend. I look forward to hearing about your cooking adventures, etc.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Ah, what a wonderful opportunity this lady has to get to know you better and you her. What a neat story! So glad the yard sale was successful and that you got rid of a lot of stuff. Happy week!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I just love this story! Making my heart just melt! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debbie said...

Oh I love hearing how God works! This was meant to be and made the hassle of the yard sale well worth it your right! Hope your having a good week!