header

header

Friday, November 14, 2014

Thankful Thursday On Friday

I'm a day late for Thankful Thursday but I didn't want that to stop me from taking time to stop and list some of the things I am thankful for today

I am thankful for friends willing to help friends. Tomorrow is going to be a work day for some of the men in our Care Group, they are going to go over one of the members home and help clear out the back yard and make a dump run.

I am thankful for time away with my guy. My husband and I had a few days off together and were able to get away.

I am thankful for the baskets of produce we continue to get every week. Some of the things we have been feasting on have been kale, squash, cauliflower and beets. We are signed up for a Winter CSA and for next year as well. Getting a weekly produce basket has been challenging, I haven't always known what to do with some of the produce, but we are eating healthier and it has saved us money.

For the Lord's provision this holiday season. We have anticipated that the holidays would be difficult this year because our family is so far away but it turns out we will not be alone. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with two other couples (and Sweet Lady) The other two couples each have grown children who will not be able to be home for Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for the sourdough starter our youngest son gave us the last time we visited, making preps to make bread tomorrow. This will be the third time we have made the bread and it is delicious.

And as peculiar as it sounds, I am thankful for the more difficult times in our lives. Don't get me wrong, I hate going through trials, especially when I smack dab in the middle of of the storm, but I can usually say that it's during those times that the Lord has used to grow my faith, or to change my heart or to continue to transform me.

So what about you, are there things that you can be thankful for today?

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails, and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior  Habakkuk 3:17-18

3 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Yes, I would have to agree that I am thankful for the valley times in my life because as I look back I can see how God's hand was on us through it all and we learned so much more about total dependence upon HIM.

Glad you all will be with folks for Thanksgiving.

Happy weekend!

Stephanie said...

Hi Maryann! I always enjoyed reading your posts on what you're thankful for. It is so good to think upon all that we have to be thankful for.

I am thankful for blogging friends like you who are an encouragment, for the assurance of salvation, blessed forgiveness, a warm home, and loving family...the list could go on and on :)

Happy weekend to you!

Cheryl said...

I am blessed by your list of blessings! How great our God is! How benevolent! How merciful!