header

header

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Many Mercies


I had a moment in my oh too busy week and thought it would be a good time to reflect on how faithful God has been to us the last couple of days. Maybe it will encourage you as you are walking through something difficult.

I knew last week was going to be busy. I had a couple of appointments, a medical procedure scheduled and Sweet Lady was finally given a discharge date, it was for Friday.  When our Ladies Group met the week before I asked them to pray that I would rest in the Lord and trust him for all the details ahead of me and that I wouldn't be tempted to be anxious. That's my default when I have a lot of things going on at once. I left the meeting feeling encouraged and ready to face the week and the tasks ahead of me.

A couple of days later we received the call no one wants to receive. My Mother in law had passed away

The morning we received the news we spent it tying things together, rearranging some things, canceling others. Our Care Group Leaders stopped by to see what they could do to help, and to pray with us. It meant so much to us. It also gave us a chance to talk about how God had met us in other times of need, which helped to build our faith for the week ahead.

My mother in law lived a long life, she was 94. Her desire was to stay in her home, till the end of her days, she was able to do that. We were sad at her loss but thankful that she was able to live as she wanted.

My emotions are all jumbled right now. I'm amazed at the mercies God has provided during this time on one hand but still trying to process the loss. Sweet Lady was discharged Friday, so our schedules are going to remain full as we take care of her needs and multiple appointments that have to be made, a blessing in disguise.

They are both gone now and a chapter in our lives has now closed. I know the Lord will continue to be faithful and will have fresh mercies every morning.




6 comments:

Madelaine said...

It's so hard to lose our parents, knowing how much they prayed for us, and encouraged us on our walk with Jesus. May you feel His comfort in these days.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Maryann ~ I am sorry for your loss and pray that you will feel God's loving presence surrounding and flowing through you at this time.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Camille said...

Precious friend....I am so thankful for this update...I have been thinking of you and praying. So wonderful to know that you felt the Lord's peace and sensed His guiding hand upon you in the last number of days. What a blessing to my heart to read your testimony of His faithfulness throughout all of life's trials and the journey He has you on. You are being a light for Him! Much Love, Camille XO

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

And, heaven just got a whole lot sweeter but what an adjustment it will be for her family. It is such a tough time and His mercies are new every morning and He will give you comfort and peace in the days ahead. Hugs to you!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my! I am so sorry to read this news. I am praying for you and your family. Oh our Lord is faithful and He will never leave us nor forsake us! Rest in Him my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Beautifully said. I am praying right now. What a blessing she was able to be in her home, that was my MIL's wish also, but she is now in a Senior Home. What a blessing your care group is..they are the hands of the feet of Christ. So sorry for your loss.