header

header

Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Look Back

As expected the last few days have been a little hectic. I actually broke down and stopped using my *paper* Day Planner and went electronic, I couldn't keep up and I never seemed to have the Planner with me when I needed to make an appointment. I've been fighting going electronic for for a couple of years now because I didn't want to learn how to do it on my phone, but I found I had no choice, if I wanted to keep things straight

My *Dance Card* is pretty full. Sweet Lady is out of Rehab and adjusting to being back at her place. We spent several days last week making the rounds with all her physicians and out patient physical therapy will be starting next week. I was a little overwhelmed when I heard she was going to have to go out for therapy but then I had an unsolicited offer to get her to therapy any time I needed help. That was such a provision from the Lord and an offer I will probably accept. She is doing really well back in her home and it makes me smile to see her sitting in her favorite chair in the lobby when I walk in.

We decided with all this going on, it would be a nice to time to remodel our downstairs bathroom. Don't even ask me what we were thinking....really what were we thinking! We are at a point of no return though, the commode has been removed. This is a project that's going to have to get finished in a timely manner, walking up steps for the bathroom is a little inconvenient. On a positive note, we are getting that extra exercise we talked about getting after the holidays. Again, I ask, what were we thinking??!!

Our emotions have been all over the place following my husband's mom's death, it has surprised us. We went through the viewing and funeral with little emotion, we took care of the initial business and then went immediately home. Once home, and after things started to settle a bit, the reality and finality of it all hit us. We are still wading through those waters, and I think will be there a long time as we continue to resolve things that need to be settled.

We have been blown away by the care we have received from the body of Christ. Several times in the last week, it came in the form of that shoulder I needed to cry on or that nugget of truth I needed to be reminded of.  I've learned how valuable a silent hug can be and how words are not always necessary.

I love the Psalms and one that is a favorite of mine is Psalm 16, Verses 5-8 state
"Lord you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken" (italics, mine)

Like I said before we are still wading through some uncertain waters but remembering he is at our right hand while we wade through it, so we will not be shaken.


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dearest Maryann, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's mother passing away. You may have shared it on your blog at an earlier time and I am sorry for not being aware of it. I pray you will find sweet comfort and strength in the arms of our Lord.

Your remodel sounds exciting :) I hope all goes well and I hope we get to see pictures of it all done. Hugs to you, dear one!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a busy time you have had in so many ways. I pray God's love, peace and strength will continually flow through you, giving you all that you need.

This next statement of yours is oh so true. "how valuable a silent hug can be and how words are not always necessary."

Grieving is a process, that ebbs and flows. You learn to go and grow with the tide.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Wading through is a great way to describe what you are going through. It is such a process and everyone handles it differently. May the Lord guide and comfort you in this process. Blessings!

Cheryl said...

Oh, yes, Maryanne...I love the scripture verses that you shared and the reminder that He is at my right hand. That is an amazing thought!! Thank the Lord for His counsel!

You have certainly had a challenging series of events lately. I am sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's passing. I don't think we are ever really ready to say good-bye to someone we love. I pray that you and your husband continue to find comfort and strength as you grieve her loss, as well as strength and wisdom to meet the challenges that remain.

Creations By Cindy said...

Maryann, isn't it wonderful to know that Christ is at our right hand. It thrills me to know my name is inscribed in the palm of His hand! WOW! I get the holy bumps just thinking about that one right now! Praying for you sweetie and for your family. Hugs and blessings, Cindy