header

header

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cooking Class

When my sons were growing up cooking was more of a necessity than something I saw as fun. We were like every young family with schedules that were full with school, sports, work and managing a household. We cooked for fun during the holidays and I still remember the big batches of salsa we would all put up together in the summer, but most of the time, cooking was pretty basic. I had two sons and they were always hungry, meals were made to fill bellies and hopefully they were tasty too.

Now that we are Empty Nesters we have been able to experiment a bit with cooking and it's something we both enjoy doing. We both like trying new recipes and my husband has perfected some awesome Sourdough Bread which he makes on a biweekly basis. (from a start he received from our youngest son almost two years ago) Our youngest son also enjoys cooking and when he's visiting the kitchen can get a bit crowded with all of us cooking but it's a lot of fun. When he was home last he made a killer Carrot Cake. When I looked at the size of it I was sure we would never eat it all but that wasn't a problem, it was gone in a week.

We have always wanted to take a cooking class so when we went to Charleston we found one that had spots available so we signed up.The class turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip (and yes I learned a few things too) If you come to my house I now know how to make a quick dessert of seasonal fruit and puff pastry (special tip, use frozen puff pastry) We made a four course meal and ate as we cooked, it was a delightful evening, so much so, that we are looking to do it again, perhaps in our little city. So tell me, do you enjoy cooking? Have you ever taken a cooking class, did you enjoy it?


4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Yes, I enjoy cooking, ever since Home Ec class in the 7th grade, many moons ago. No, I've never taken a cooking class, but I have a collection of over 300 cookbooks. :-)

Cooking isn't as much fun since my dear husband went to his heavenly home 3 1/2 years ago, but I still enjoy it and am getting back into it once again.

Happy cooking together ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I bet that was so much fun Maryann. I love to cook and bake but I really love experimenting with different things. I think I watch too much CHOPPED! LOL! I would love to take a cooking class on different cultural foods. Looks like you had fun. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Cheryl said...

A cooking class sounds like a great date!! :)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

We have taken two cooking classes and had a blast both times. Love the pics and the yummy results you have shared.