header

header

Monday, August 1, 2016

Sibling Visit



 I am a real planner, I don't usually do things spontaneously, to a fault sometimes. In recent years I have been trying to be more open, still have a plan, but try to be more flexible to opportunities that the Lord might have for us. These past several months have really tested my willingness to let go, and although it's been challenging at times, it's been okay. Well it's been more than okay, it's been a blessing


We had one of those last minute opportunities last week. My sister had taken a weeks worth of vacation to watch her grandchildren, then at the last minute, she found out that she wasn't  needed. Since she had taken the time off,  I suggested she come and visit me. I honestly didn't think she would take me up on the offer but she did and she she came with one of my brothers.



Our time together ended up being a lot of fun. We spent most days at the beach and my brother came prepared to cook for us every evening. When I say he came prepared to cook, I mean, he planned the menus and brought a cooler full of food to prepare. We were treated to crab soup, steamed shrimp and lobster (we love seafood) It was his thanks for our hospitality. We were blown away at how delicious everything was.

Another unplanned event was that our youngest son got a gig in town while siblings were visiting, so they got to visit with their nephew for an evening. (and hear him play with a local group) How sweet was that? Plans are good, and I'll probably never stop being a planner but being flexible can have it's benefits.


So how about you, any surprise visitors or unexpected trips this summer?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am like you...I prefer a "PLAN" LOL. But truthfully some of the best times we have had have come spontaneously. I do try to go with the flow...Sounds like yours was just wonderful. So glad you got a nice visit with your sister and your brother!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I love a plan and as you said, to a fault. I do not do well flying by the seat of my pants. Cute post!

podso said...

This sounds like so much fun. Sometimes going off plan, I find, spontaneous (which I'm not) end up being something so special I'll remember it for a long time. Sounds like your brother is a good cook.