header

header

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Snow Bound


We don't have snow often but when we do it shuts the city down. The weather people had been hinting at snow all week, but we tend to take all predictions of snow with a grain of salt, most of the time the warnings of impending frozen white precipitation never materialize, this however; wasn't the case last Saturday. Friday night it sleeted for about two hours, before it started snowing and then snowed all day Saturday. The temperatures then dropped and have stayed below freezing since. We have a few snow plows in the city but not enough to plow all the roads, mostly the snow melts on the streets when the weather warms up, so it could take days to clear things up. We are a Beach Town, not a Ski Resort, so we don't do snow well. (and we had a lot of snow)

Schools have been off, church was cancelled, our BSF was cancelled and many businesses were closed yesterday (husband did not have to go into work) Things are beginning to look up today, the temps will be above freezing, lots of places will be open at noon but conditions are still bad and if you don't HAVE to go out you need to stay home. (husband did go to work today, but late)

The "forced" home confinement has been good, I've tackled tasks that needed to be done around the house. I am still in the downsizing mind set, which means I need to clean out closets and drawers. We have been debating for about eighteen months on whether to move from our home or remodel to suit our needs as we age. We are leaning very heavily on the move option at this time, which means cleaning things out. Something that needs to be done regardless.

I'm getting a little "Cabin Fever" at this point, today will be day four at home. You don't realize how much running around you do until you can't. I am out doing things that need to be done several times a week.

The truth is, I need these "breaks", I think we all do. We are all so busy, with lists of things to do and places to be. God's plan can get lost in midst of all of it, at least in my life.

I am tending to household tasks during this time but I am also using this time physically and spiritually recharge. Trying to look at this time as a gift, sovereignly orchestrated by the Lord for me.




3 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, my, a snow such as that would paralyze our area as well. We had just a small amount of sleet on Friday and it closed most of the schools. They over reacted but the kids were sure glad. Glad you have found this time to be productive for you. Happy rest of the week!

Cheryl said...

Yes, we did have similar snow days! Even though we were busy with projects, it seemed like a rest. I suppose it was because there was a break in the normal schedule, and we weren't pressured to be finished by a certain time. Like you, I am grateful for the time of being snow bound.

I pray that the Lord directs your steps as you contemplate moving.

Creations By Cindy said...

That snow is pretty to look at but I am sure I would not want to live in it. Stay warm and safe. Hugs and blessings, Cindy