header

header

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Journey Begins

Wow, hard to know where to start. I was diagnosised with breast cancer one month ago. Seems like an eternity. Days filled with doctors appointments, tests and waiting. The waiting has always been the hardest. My cancer was found coincidently. I was sent to a surgeon for a biopsy after my mamogram and ultrasound showed what turned out to be a cyst. After the cyst was drained in the surgeons office they did another ultrasound and found the cancer. Must have been hiding by the cyst. To this day I am thankful for that cyst and the ultrasound tech who found the cancer. Without her diligence and attention to detail I may still be walking around with the cancer never being the wiser. With diagnosis cames more testing, areas of interest in the other breast. Biopsies of those areas were inconclusive, surgeon now wants to do excisional biopsy to those areas. I am weary, think I am done. I just want this behind me, not sure I want to do anymore biopsies. I have to make decision soon. Tomorrow I see the plastic surgeon. Much to be thankful for. The Lord sustains me day by day and he has positioned many people in my life to walk this journey with us. This whole thing has given me a new perspective on life, on what is important and what is not, I hope I never lose that. That is a gift not everyone is blessed with.

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Maryanne...

Looking back at your first post and considering the timing of what you've written, I think that maybe our journeys have unfolded on a similar timeline. I'm approaching my one year anniversary of my diagnosis on August 23, 2010. I'm not up to date with your story but am always willing to swap war stories if ever you feel the need. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

peace~elaine