header

header

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude Not Just A Thanksgiving Thing


Gratitude is something the Lord has been cultivating in my heart over the last year. He has shown me that there are always things I can be thankful for regardless of the circumstances I find myself in.

I began to keep a gratitude journal a couple of months ago, it is a disciple that helps me stop and take account of how the Lord has blessed me. There is something about keeping a list that helps you realize how blessed you are and how much you have to be grateful for, I find it helps to cultivate a heart of gratitude.

I am not always faithful about keeping up with my little gratitude journal, so easy to get busy and forget. When I don't pursue gratitude, discontentment, complaining, murmuring, apathy and envy creep in. I am aware and that's a good thing, God always faithful to show me my heart.

Took a look at my gratitude journal today, probably should do that more often, reminded me of the many things in my life that I had to be thankful for. Reminded me that I am indeed blessed.

Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever  Psalm 107:1

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Good morning! I have found this to be soo true too. A thankful heart REALLY IS a happy heart! Have a wonderful day! HUGS

Sandy said...

Well, you know remembering to stay in a thankful state of mind and heart has been life changing for me. I highly recommend it!
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Petra said...

Gratitude is truly the best medicine for all ailments! Wonderful post and reminder.