header

header

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day


Today is Veterans Day, a day that has special meaning to us because we live in a community where you either are a vet or you know one. We are familiar with the sacrifices they make to help keep us free.  Today is not about shopping or great Veterans Day sales, its about honoring the men and women who have served this country. To them I say thank you.

This would include my sweet husband, my DIL mother and my husbands "brother" (you know who you are) who all spent over twenty years in the United Sates Navy.

6 comments:

no spring chicken said...

Congratulations on being in a family of chivalry. I thank them too, very much.

Blessings, Debbie

Sandy said...

This is a special day for me as well as I come from a military family. I am so very appreciative of all our wonderful brave men and women in uniform.
Have a blessed weekend, friend.

Camille said...

Thank you to the men in your life who helped to defend our freedoms Maryann! Thank you for your sacrifice too...I know there are many by those who are the supportive women *behind the scenes*.

Blessings to you!
Camille

Debbie said...

You have a family of which to be proud! I thank all our veterans for what they have given and continue to give to us.

Miss Debbie said...

You are absolutely correct! I have vets in my family, too...hubby, dad, and father-in-law. Thanks for visiting me. It is nice to meet you. Love the name of your blog...a wonderful place to be! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I, too, share in military life as a child of a Navy doctor and married to a VietNam vet. This day is immensely important to me and I am grateful to the many, many who have placed their very lives on the lines of war and freedom for such as myself. I am glad you shared as I did along with so many others. Since I lived through the VietNam era, and our military received nothing but cold unwelcome stares and shoulders, it is good to have this country turn back around to shake a hand.
~ linda