header

header

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Back



Christmas is over, things are kind of quiet this week. This is the time of year I get a little reflective, with one year ending another about to begin.

This has been a year of change for our family and we have much to be thankful for

My youngest son has moved closer, so we are able to visit more often. A nice little benefit, he is a short commute away from my extended family, he has been able to see my parents twice since he has moved.

My SIL now lives near us, God met us in so many miraculous ways during the crisis that prompted that move. We are all still adjusting to the change but God continues in his faithfulness.

Due to various circumstances, extended family has begun to communicate more, I now talk to siblings on a regular basis

We have a new grandchild, another little girl. I am a mom of sons,  so it has been a real treat to have little girls around the house.

Good report from physicians, health issues which seemed to have taken center stage most of the year have quieted down. 

That was our year, despite the challenges, there was much to be thankful for.

Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance  Psalm 16:5-6















4 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

MaryAnn
We all have had our challenges, but you've had many. It's plain that you have allowed the Lord to work his peace in you to see you through these times.
I pray you have a good 2012!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

As I reflect I am also counting my blessings even through the struggles and still unanswered prayers.

Today your post encourages me and I give thanks for His blessings in your life...for those answers to prayers, for the granddaughters...and your health.

Praise God and may you see His hand even more this next year.

Happy New Year

Debbie said...

Yes this is a reflective time of year for many of us. I know it is for me for sure. It was a year full of challenges for you and yet how it blesses me to hear how He saw you through. May His blessings and mercies be abundant for you in the coming year. HUGS, Debbie

Nancy said...

Even with your challenges this year, you have shown us how to deal with pressure and sad news..You have always pointed us to the Father and to Scripture and we have all been blessed because of your dependence on the Father......

I hope this coming year will be full of blessings and good news....