header

header

Friday, June 15, 2012

A New Chapter


I had been thinking about making changes with my job for quite some time.  I had considered quitting altogether after my initial surgery, but I wasn't ready, going back to work represented getting back to "normal"... I enjoyed what I did, and I only worked part time

When I came back from FMLA I did decide to work less. I went from four days a week to three and twenty five hours a week to twenty. Things worked for awhile, then it started getting hard. Family responsibilites changed, I continued to have medical issues, demands at work were increasing and the flexibilty they had previously given me was decreasing...it was obvious I was going to have to do something different

My first attempt at making a change was to see if I could get my hours reduced even further, maybe instead of three days a week I could work only two. The answer that request was no, I would have to continue with my current schedule....I left that meeting discouraged, I thought they would be willing to assist, but they had needs as well.

I didn't think continuing the status quo was going to work....but what was I going to do, I have been at this job a long time. I prayed for wisdom, direction and an attitude change. The more I prayed the more I realized there were some bigger issues going on with me than the just the job, issues that included, where I was finding my idenity and where was I putting my trust. I knew I needed to be willing to let the job go...and I did.

But this is not the end of the story, shortly after I submitted my resignation I was asked if I would consider changing my status from part time to PRN (as needed) instead of resigning. I would be able to decide when and if I would work, when they had the need for additional help. This was quite an unexpected twist and one I wasn't prepared for....I haven't given a answer yet...still praying/thinking about it, I need more details.

Whatever I decide, life is going to look different....I will have more time to do the things I know I need to do.  A friend of mine got very excited when I told her the news. Her comment was that I was starting a new chapter in my life...I never really thought of it like that but I guess I am


I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own, it is not for man to direct his steps  Jeremiah 10:23


Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me Psalm 119:133









6 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

MaryAnn
It's a big step, but it sounds like you've already spent time in prayer over it. I'll pray for the Lord's continued guidance for you.

Debbie said...

I think it sounds like God's hands are all over it. He'll provided the time as YOU NEED it too. I just know it.

Debbie said...

This all sounds really good. God will direct your steps for sure, and we know His plan is always the best. Enjoy your week-end!

Unknown said...

Praying for you that the decision will be made without much pain.

Cindy

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

May you enjoy the path that the Lord leads your feet...enjoy!! May your adjustment be fast and exciting as you venture into this new water...he will be there!

Camille said...

I wondered if perhaps it was the job that was going when you mentioned change was in the air. :) May the LORD give you HIS wisdom to decide about the *twist* that presented itself to you. HE is Faithful. HE will guide you.

Many Blessings,
Camille