header

header

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday


Been awhile since I have done a Thankful Thursday...does that mean my focus has been on things that are dragging me down instead of things I have to be grateful for...most definitely. In that vein these are some of the things I have to be thankful for today

  • Husband back to full work schedule, furlough ended five weeks early
  • Praying friends, I had an unexpected trip to the ER on Sunday (like there is ever an expected trip to the ER) I had friends texting my husband saying they were praying as soon as he had texted one friend in our small group  (Problem resolved, I am better)
  • For my husband who had thought to ask for prayer when I did not 
  • The Word of God that gives life and hope...Can you imagine a life without the hope His Word gives. Thank you Lord for the hope you have given me of a better eternity
  • Air conditioning, still hot in the south, thankful that I have the ability to cool the house down. I did not grow up in a house with air conditioning, it was considered a luxury that I now take for granted
  • A full service butcher shop close to our home, meats are fresh and antibiotic free. We found some chicken quarters (legs and thighs) for .79 lb. Thankful for my deep freeze so I could stock up
  • For chrysanthemums...there is still some life left in my garden, these hardy little fall flowers are just beginning to bloom
  • A church that preaches the Word of God, currently we have been going through the book of Ephesians. We need to pray for all of our pastors on a regular basis
  • Family, I see little girls tomorrow and youngest son planning a visit soon
  • Thankful for today and trying to remember... and I don't always do it well..that God has all the details of my life in control, he has a plan and purpose for everything...continuing to learn to trust him and rest in these truths
            Hope you too can find things to be thankful for today, it does help change one's attitude

3 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What an absolutely wonderful "thankful list." Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

We truly have so much to be thankful for :) Thank you for sharing your blessings - it was a joy to read your list. Have a great weekend!

Hugs!

Debbie said...

I do so love reading other's lists of blessings. We really do have soo much to be thankful for don't we? Glad your feeling better! I really don't like the ER, but again, thank God for them. And yay for some grandkid time coming up. Enjoy your week-end!