header

header

Monday, December 30, 2013

Time To Take A Breath


My tree is not down yet but, the holiday activities are beginning to wind down. We have another birthday this week and if the weather is nice, another walk through the Garden of Lights with my son and his family, then it's back to day to day routine.


                   Some of the things that kept us busy this month were grandson's birthday


                                                        Ballet recital for Little Miss


An impromptu road trip to see my family, no one except my sister knew we were coming. I didn't even know we were going until the week before. We called all the sibs after we got in town and surprised my parents the next day, it was the first time in more years than I can remember that all the siblings have been together

While visiting my sister we went to the "Train Garden". Lots of electric trains and detailed miniatures filled the room. This is done yearly by a volunteer fire department. I talked to one the the guys at the fire house and he said it takes them about two months to set up the display.


We attended Handel's Messiah sing a long again this year. I still can't read music, and am constantly trying to find my place but, this event has become one of our favorite things to do. When we are singing "Glory to God" I think of heaven and how it's going to sound when all the saints are standing before the throne praising him. It's going to be an amazing thing. 


That's been our Christmas, lots of family time, memories made, looking forward to 2014.





2 comments:

Vee said...

Oh lovely! I enjoyed catching up with you a little bit on this review. How wonderful to have family time with the grands and to reach back and have sibling time, too. Our siblings represent so much the joys of our first Christmases. A very Happy New Year to you!

Camille said...

What wonderful memories you have made my friend. Your photos are all lovely. And...yes, Heaven will be amazing!! We cannot even begin to comprehend it all. Love to you! Camille XO