header

header

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Roses

The Roses are blooming at the Garden's. I get really excited when the first flowers of Spring start blooming but when the Roses start blooming in the Garden's it's quite spectacular.

A trip to the Garden's on a Sunday afternoon after church is probably one of my favorite things to do.  You can take a leisurely walk or ride a free tram around the Garden. The last couple of weeks we haven't made it much further than the Rose Garden (near the front of the Garden) I start taking photos and before I know it we've been there two hours and it's time to go home.


The Garden is a peaceful place for us. It's a place to slow down, it a place you sit  for hours, if that's what you want to do.  I've been known to sit a spell and take all the beauty in, not for hours but for a good long time. You can do a lot of thinking in the Garden's. 





The roses are just about done now, but the Perennial  Garden is just coming into bloom. That's the nice thing about the Garden, something is always in bloom.

I have roses in my garden too. I'm not great at growing roses but I try. Roses can be kind of fussy and mine always seem to get black spot or mildew. The rose below is blooming in my garden and is called Coretta Scott King. I found it at the Garden Center at the end of last summer, it looked pretty pitiful then and needed rescuing. I didn't really know what it was going to look like when it bloomed, but like the two toned colors, I hope it does well this summer. We will start to have Japanese Beetles soon, the roses will be covered, so now is the time to enjoy the blooms. Anything pretty blooming where you are?

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, what a wonderful garden to be able to visit close to home. I'd be there on a regular basis I think, just to sit, relax and think on things, or just to 'be still', and know that God is with me.

Your rose is very pretty.

Have a great day ~ FlowerLady

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Our roses are blooming and our azaleas are just about done. Seeing your garden pictures has given me the motivation to head over to St. Louis to spend some time in the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Such a nice, peaceful place.

Debbie said...

Oh I'd love to have those gardens near us....how beautiful they are. I can imagine sitting there soaking it all in a good long while. I LOVE roses but I have never been able to grow them very well. Your two toned one is SOOO pretty. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe...how beautiful and serene! Now I could get used to sitting there and having a cup of tea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy