The first question out of the box, "What good thing has God done in your life this week?"
I hate to admit it, but I thought to myself, nothing good going on in my life, please don't ask me. I've been thinking a lot about that since. My attitude, was bad (sinful) I was so focused on the circumstances around me that I wasn't seeing any good in my life...really?!
God is good, always, and even though our circumstances may not be to our liking, he will use them for his purposes and for our good. I know this, his word says so, and I have experienced it during other times of my life.
My circumstances aren't likely to change any time soon. I have a choice, I can focus on the storm swirling around me and eventually sink (remember Peter) or focus on Jesus who commands the storms, by his strength I will focus on Jesus.
Despite the stormy waters we are in right now there ARE many good things, mercies and grace moments that I am thankful for
- Sweet Lady continues to make slow but steady progress following her hip fracture. This week's x-ray didn't show any improvement but it didn't show any negative findings either. Therapy will continue and my friend will continue to help get her to those appointments.
- My own Doctors appointment went well this week. My PCP finally feels things have turned around since my surgery more than five years ago, and I don't have to go back to see her for for three months.
- My son, has offered to sort and move furniture in my in-laws house while off on spring break. His willingness to give of his time has meant a lot.
- Warm days and flowering trees. There is something about being able to get outside and marvel at the beauty of spring that refreshes my soul. I brought sandwiches to the park close to my husband's work the other day and we were able to eat outside.
- I am thankful for my siblings that are doing what they can to help my parents. Mom celebrated her 85th birthday this week.
- My Bible Study Fellowship. It has required commitment and time, which I have struggled with from time to time, but what a blessing it has been to us. It has helped me to refocus on things eternal when I started getting sucked into the here and now. (we are studying Revelation)
- Finally I want to thank all of you that have prayed for me, I was so blessed and encouraged by the comments I received after my last post. I am thankful for this blogging community, for those that are willing to pray and encourage. This was an unexpected blessing when I started blogging five years ago.