header

header

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unexpected Weekend




Feeling the effects from my last "fill". Had been feeling pretty good yesterday afternoon, just some tightness, little achiness but nothing pain meds were not handling. Deteriorated as the evening progressed, not only having achiness but lots of sharp pain as well. Unable to sleep in the bed, unable to find a position that was comfortable. I went downstairs to sleep in the recliner. Good news is after I got settled in the recliner I slept all night. When I sleep my husband sleeps. I feel bad when I am restless because it keeps him up, with me it's not a problem, I can nap during the day, but he has to go to work and I know he is tired. Starting tomorrow he has the next couple of days off and I am praying he can recharge, and feel rested before he has to go back to work. This week we celebrate Veterans Day. We have traditionally gone to Williamsburg during this time, because all of the attractions in Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown are free to active duty and retired military in honor of Veterans Day. Mike and I had talked about going maybe for the day but there was concern about how I would do. He came home yesterday and told me that he had arranged to stay at a cabin for the weekend. We have stayed there before, it's very peaceful, right on the York River. This was a wonderful surprise. We can now go and enjoy the attractions, and head back to the cabin as I get tired for a recharge. The cabins are fully equipped, have a kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom and porch to sit outside and enjoy wildlife and the beauty of the changing seasons. Thankful to my husband for doing this, it will be nice to have a change of scenery, thankful for my daughter in law who has volunteered to take our dog while we are gone. I am thankful for this opportunity to get away, to one of my favorite places to go. I will enjoy  sitting on the porch drinking coffee with my husband and just spending some time with him. There are places to walk aong the river, plenty of picture taking opportunities. My prayer is that this will be a time of rest for my husband. I also pray that my pain will be manageable before we have to leave, there are no recliners in the cabin :) So this is a blessing, but I don't want to just focus on the upcoming weekend, I want to be thankful for each day the Lord has given me, good ones and bad ones, knowing that all my days come from him.
 

No comments: