header

header

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Relationships

Thanksgiving holiday is over and what a sweet time it was. Got to spend time with my two sons, my daughter in law and grandchildren, always enjoy that, such a blessing. We were also able to see friends we have not seen in almost thirty years...what a joy that was. I was amazed at how easily it was to just pick up conversation, like we had just seen each other, when you are united by the blood of Christ you are family, time and distance are irrelevant. I have been thinking about the importance of relationships. We are not meant to walk the Christan life alone, God has put people in our life to walk the walk with us. People that will rejoice with you, laugh with you, celebrate with you, cry with you. People that will walk along side of you when you are going through tough times, that will help bear the burdens, that will point you to the promises of God, that will love you with the love he provides. People that will encourage but will also be willing to point out error in your life. To experience this it requires a willingness to be transparent. This has always been difficult for me, It will require me to be real, to be open with my struggles, my pain, my fears, my dreams. I am at the point in my life that I welcome this, I want God to continue to change me....and I believe the people he puts in my life are all part of the process he will use.

"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways"   Psalm 139:1-3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Maryann, I love You and thank GOD for You! To be reunited after almost 30 years and to have met you in Scotland and still have the bond in Christ and Family that we have is truly a testimony of GOD's Plan, and Love... Your Blog is absolutely GORGEOUS! The music is so sweet and perfect!!! Thank you for sharing yourself... I so look forward to us staying connected. I thank God for this journey that He is allowing us to experience Together! I am humbled to stillness, gratitude and more love. Sincerely, Your Sis from another Mother And The Same Abba Father, Loving You Always Nece DJHollis