header

header

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Belt Of Truth


Life can be difficult sometimes. Things don't always go as we plan. There can be job loss, wayward children, death, health issues, loss of any kind.... you fill in the blank. Our responses can be anxiety, depression, fear, unbelief, frustration, confusion, feeling overwhelmed, weary, the list can go on.

We had a discussion in our ladies group the other day on how as Christians we need to battle these emotions. Ephesians tells us to put on the full armour of God, and what is the first thing we are told to put on...the belt of truth. Here are some truths I have found this morning

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified of them for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. Deut 31:6

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence the Lord is my helper I will not be afraid  Hebrews 13:4b-5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight  Proverbs3:5-6

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him and have been called according to his purposes  Romans 8:28

When you pass through the waters I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you  Isaiah 43:2

God is sovereign and in control  "Consider what he has done, who can straighten what he has made crooked" Ecclesiastes 7:13

Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord did not decree it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things happen  Lamentations 3:37-38

The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life, the Lord will watch over your coming and your going both now and forevermore  Psalm 121:7-8

I did not realize at the time of the meeting that I would need to start preaching these truths to myself  the next day. I found out yesterday that I will need a bone scan this morning because of an abnormal MRI. When you have had a diagnosis of cancer in your past, fear creeps in very easily. With the help of others I have been focusing on what is true, putting on that belt of truth.

8 comments:

Trisha said...

Dearest Maryann,
Praying! Praying! Praying! May you know His peace that passes all understanding. May you have calm in the midst of the storm and remember that His ways are always good. I hug you in my heart and hold you up to our Lord Jesus Christ. Much love to you, sweet sister, and thank you for the good words from His Word.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Wonderful verses that I have had to read over and over to myself in difficult situations.

I am praying for you too! :)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Those scriptures speak truth for all of us, no matter the battle before us. This morning I woke up with "Be anxious for nothing but in all things through prayer and supplication make your request be known to the Lord."

I posted this week on Job and praying for friends...I end this comment with praying for you right now...making my request and praying His healing in Jesus name.

Kim said...

Joining others in praying! May you continue to find strength in God's word while you wait!

Debbie said...

I was reading and nodding planning to THANK you for the compilation of great scripture. Then, I got to the end of the post and realized that I need to lift you as well as thank you.

So I lift you in the name of Jesus, not only for protection over your body, but for His comforting spirit as you wait the wait we all hate to wait.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I'm praying for you right now, asking God for His peace to take over your heart, and for His comfort to hold you fast. I also pray for His healing touch in your body. Every detail is known to Him and He is so able to do all of the above.
Praying for you today.

xo

Kathleen said...

First, I pray your bone scan results are free & clear of anything life-threatening.

I must also affirm the value of "being still and knowing ...". We are in such good Hands, that no matter what comes our way we can rest in His caring arms.

nancyspoint said...

Oh, I do hope your bone scan turns out alright. I'm glad you find your faith to be such an anchor for you. I'm feeling a bit of stress myself, as tomorrow is my onc apt.

Hoping you get good news. My best.