header

header

Saturday, June 4, 2011

More Memories of Summers Past

This is one of my favorite photos of my little treasures (aka grandchildren) We had just taken the grandkids out to a local restaurant for some burgers to celebrate "Missy Miss's" birthday. Arrangements for the waitress to bring out an ice cream sundae with the staff singing Happy Birthday had been made to make dinner a little special.

"Missy Miss" was delighted, but it got even better. There was another group celebrating a birthday in the restaurant, a much larger party with ballons, party favors etc. After the wait staff sang Happy Birthday to my grand daughter, a lady came over to our table, it was her daughter who was having the party across the room.  They had some party bags left over, could she give them to my grandchildren?

The children were thrilled, in the bags were all sorts of trinkets and treats but the thing they enjoyed the most were these sunglasses.


When I see this picture I think of the kindness of that stranger. A little blessing that added to our evening.

No comments: