header

header

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Lovely Retreat


  
Home again, although this was a  business trip for my husband, our time away from home was quite enjoyable. While my husband was in meetings during the day I would hop on the metro and head to the museums. I had no particular agenda, so with camera in hand I would get off at the Smithsonian exit and begin walking

Not a cloud in the sky, but it was hot!

 
World War 2 Memorial

A great place to escape the heat


The Lone Sailor at the Navy Memorial

I saw the trip as a little gift from God. I had time to sit and read (without worrying about laundry or dishes that needed done) and listen to my IPod, I have various teaching and sermons downloaded (never leave home without it) Definitely some much needed feeding of the soul going on. Came back refreshed and relaxed. And there was a little surprise waiting for us when we got back, our newest grandchild, pictures to come

"Give thanks to the Lord for he is good his love endures forever"  Psalm 107:1

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Maryann,
What a special treat! The pictures are lovely, and I'm thankful God provided such a blessed time away for you both. Love and hugs!

Debbie said...

Sadly, that's a place that I've never visited. We keep hoping to plan a wonderful vacation there.

Beth Herring said...

isn't God so good? He gives us so much beauty all around us and He is the ultimate Provision in our lives!

Anonymous said...

And what a blessing to have the time to be with your Lord, time to see so much history and places to meander around. I have lived in Washington, DC twice... once as a child when my Navy doctor daddy was stationed there and again to teach in the DC public school system in the late 1980s. I loved it both times.
May your weekend include some time to remember this country's independence and freedom on the one hand and our dependence and submission to God on every other part of us! Caring, ~ linda