header

header

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ordinary Blessings


Been quiet here lately. Summer in full swing and the temperature shows it. Son and his family adjusting to a fourth child. "Sweet Lady" has been in her new home a month now, and things are beginning to fall into place. Youngest son will be moving, husband will be making a road trip soon to help make that happen, but for right now things are routine.

We are enjoying the ordinary.Watering the garden in the evening, pulling weeds (for some reason I find satisfaction in doing that) sitting on the porch after dinner, watching the hummingbirds and listening to the cicada sing. Grateful for the mundane, aware of my many blessings.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever"  Psalm 136:1

5 comments:

no spring chicken said...

Ahh summer... I'm enjoying mine too!

Blessings, Debbie

Trisha said...

Maryann,
Isn't ordinary wonderful? :) Life is so busy and so full for you. How wonderful that "Sweet Lady" is adjusting well, and I know your new grandbaby is bringing everyone much joy. Grace and peace to you, my friend.

Beth Herring said...

i know that you are enjoying that precious grandbaby. thank you for your prayers for my SIL and i love the verse you left. It really ministered.

Debbie said...

The one thing about summer here is that it sort of messes with my routine.

BUT, I'm OK with a different routine because it includes more time with my girls.

I love the ordinary things. They are some of the best in life, aren't they?

Camille said...

What a beautiful, peaceful post! Congratulations on the fourth child in your son's family...how wonderful!! It's lovely to *meet* you Maryann! Thank you for stopping by *my place* the other day and leaving a comment. :)

I am going *offline* for the next month, but hope to get to know you a little better when I am back, Lord-willing. Happy Summer!

Many blessings,
Camille