header

header

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Faith And Gratitude

                           

                                    Gracious Father, grant me a lowly spirit of gratitude.

                                          Make me feel the preciousness of past grace.

                                               Give me an honest memory of mercy.

                                           Forgive me for the pride of unremembered

                                                   gifts and callous thanklessness

                                                Waken faith in my wavering soul

                                                  and give me strong confidence

                                                        in your solid promises.

                                                    Where past and future meet

                                                     make me humble and bold.

                                                              In Jesus' name

                                                             and for his sake,

                                                                   Amen

Excerpt from "Life As A Vapor" by John Piper. This prayer was the conclusion of Chapter 8, "Endings Are For Gratitude, Beginnings Are For Faith" It is my prayer today.




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you, dear Maryann for sharing this today - I needed to read these words. May you have a blessed evening!

Creations By Cindy said...

Thanks for this today! Love it. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for these comforting and inspiring words.

FlowerLady