- The rain outside my window and the forecast for cooler, drier weather this weekend
- Running into a friend I had not talked to in three years. We had lunch together, caught up on family and encouraged each other, by sharing how the Lord has been working in our lives. More get together's planned.
- My sons and the men they have become
- The freedom to vote
- The freedom to worship
- Phone calls and text messages from family "just because"
- Weekly "lunch dates" with my husband, we generally meet on Thursdays or Fridays for something simple, like Subway.
- "Sweet Lady" living close to us, she continues to do well in Assisted Living
- The availability of fresh local produce, it's close to the end of season, but I have been able to get tomatoes, squash, onions, apples, and all kinds of greens and root vegetables inexpensively. Many of these vegetables I have never cooked before, so cooking has been kind of an adventure.
Lord you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:5-6