header

header

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Opportunities


I can hardly believe it is snowing again. The weatherman says it's going to end up being a rain event but I'm afraid the snow part is happening during rush hour, so husband will have to drive home in it.

This winter has been colder than I can remember in a long time and even though we haven't had as much snow as most, the cold weather has kept me a little homebound and a little restless. My first reaction has been to complain...I really don't like the cold and it's hard for me to "be still"  Complaining tends to be my default mechanism but the Lord has been convicting me about complaining AND that I don't always have to have something on my schedule outside the home to do.

I could should be thankful for these quieter days. I have time to read and listen to podcasts, time to finish some half done projects, time to try some new recipes, or just recharge physically. (I could even reorganize some closets although I must admit that's way down the list)

This is where the Lord has me, it's time for me to take the a hold of the "bloom where you are planted" quote and enjoy these quieter winter days

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me  Psalm 119:133


7 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I just posted on the weather and its affect on me also. I have been shaking my head all days as people talked about how it has affected them. God has shown me things in the midst of it all, that I need to take the Word more inside myself.
I didn't look at the opportunities like I should have.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I'm right with you. I have been housebound today due to weather and have gotten so much accomplished and it's truly been a good day. But, I am so ready to see the sunshine. Happy hearts day!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

As a "nester", I love the snow days where I can settle in at home, guilt-free. ;-) Still after this crazy winter, I am more than ready for spring! ;-)

Sandy said...

I am also a "nester" and dearly love the snowy days. I love every season because each one has so much to offer.

Debbie said...

How much I agree with what you said! A year or so ago, my color of the year was yellow, and my motto was "Finding the sunshine" wherever, whenever, and however God sent it. It was just an attitude adjuster that I made it my Life color and motto. I try to remember to just stop find the beauty in the current moment. Not always immediate, but I'm getting better at it with practice.

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Maryann, I awoke feeling much the same way. I am encouraging myself in the Lord! I will focus on Him and rest and be still...
Loved this as I think so many of us feel a bit winter bound.
But I send you a Big HUG!
Blessings Always, Roxy

S. Etole said...

It's a pretty scene as we wait for spring.