header

header

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday


It's been another quiet blogging week for me. Life has been busy with routine things that needed to be done. Throw in a bad tooth and a misbehaving back and you get a quiet blogging week.

Things are settling down, back is better and tooth is *in process* Almost everything on my to do list for this week has been done, with the exception of Sweet Lady's laundry so thought it would be a great time to stop and reflect on the many things I have to be thankful for this week.

I had jury duty this month. In our region you are on call one day a week for a month. I found out I had to go in one day this week.  I really didn't want to do it, my tooth was bothering me as was my back. I called and found out I could have gotten excused but was informed, I would have to serve again another month this summer. I decided to go in. I was there long enough to go through orientation and see the video, we were then told we were free to go home there was no longer going to be a trial. Because I went in, it counted as service. This was a huge blessing

I was able to get a physical therapy appointment on short notice. He was able to figure out why I was in such pain with my back and correct the problem.

We had youngsters in the house for a couple of days. It has been so much fun interacting with these little boys.  Their family has been part of our Care Group. They are moving out of the area and have blessed us with staying in our home during their "pack out"

New recipes for our winter CSA

I was able to get an earlier appointment for the tooth that has been driving me to distraction. The last week or so has been bad. Again I am thankful for the kind staff and compassionate dentists that were willing to *work me in* I was originally scheduled for the 3rd of February. This has been a long process and it's going to take several more months before we can call it done.*Expect to see more soup and smoothie recipes in the future* Just sayin!

A harder week than most, and I could easily focus on how bad this week has been. But in the midst of all of it I can see God's mercies, and grace. I can see how he worked out many of the details in the difficulties and how gave us little gifts along the way in the form of laughter and phone calls from loved ones far away.

Life is hard sometimes and it's easy to get swept away in it all, it's easy to get discouraged, believe me I've been there a few times this week, but I belong to him and I know he is working good in my life through my circumstances.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those, who love him, who have been called according to his purposes Romans 8:28

I believe this to be true






5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good to read your post. Glad you are doing better and I pray this next week will be even better.

Rom. 8:28 is one of my favorite verses.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Persis said...

Tooth pain can be excruciating. Hope you get relief soon.

Yes and amen to Romans 8:28.

Stephanie said...

Romans 8:28 is such a precious verse to remember during the difficult and trying times.

Thinking of you, dear Maryann! May your weekend be extra wonderful. Hugs!

Cranberry Morning said...

There is nothing like tooth-caused pain. It is definitely among the worst. Hope you get relief soon. All believers can count on God's word to be true, and that things may not be worked out to our purposes, but to His purposes. And he is trustworthy! Blessings on your weekend.

Camille said...

Awww…sorry you have been going through all this my friend. Praying for your speedy recovery. What a blessing to read that in the midst of it all you have known God's kind compassion toward you. Much Love, Camille