header

header

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Promises


What is it about a rainbow? When you see one you want to stop and look, is it because it's a rare occurrence or is it because of the beauty of them. This rainbow occurred in the early evening, and at one point it was a double rainbow. Can you imagine folks with cell phone cameras poking out of their car windows taking pictures of it, husband said it made the drive home a bit challenging.


Rainbows remind me of Gods promise to Noah. "And God said, this is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come. I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth" Genesis 9:13-14


When I see a rainbow I am reminded of God's goodness and the promises that he has for me.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Rainbows have always been exciting to see for me. The promise of God, the beauty of the colors and the miracle of their 'being'.

Five days after my dear husband went to his heavenly home I saw a rainbow and posted about it. To me it was a gift from God meant just for me at that time.

http://flowerladysmusings.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-rainbow.html

Have a great day ~ FlowerLady

Camille said...

SO beautiful! I love to see rainbows. I too, think of HIS promise that goes along with it. Hugs, Camille