header

header

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Thankful Thursday


I am feeling a little blue over the return of the cold weather. It had looked as if winter might have been winding down but, surprise...it's downright cold again. I feel a little wimpy complaining, especially in light of what you folks in New England are experiencing, so let me focus instead on the things that I have to be thankful for this week. (spring will be here soon enough)


The weather was mild this past weekend and hubby was able to do some needed repairs on our railing going up the front steps.

We are getting an unexpected visit from our young son this weekend. He has a local "gig" and will be here for three days...we are very excited

Complimentary tickets to the symphony this weekend. This is quite a treat and the timing could not be better since we are celebrating Valentine's Day and my husband's birthday this weekend.

God's provision in so many different ways. He provides for our needs and not just practically. He knows our hearts and where we struggle. I can't tell you how many times, I'll hear a word or read a scripture that ministers to my heart right where my need is.


Our little CSA family, Saturday was our last day of the winter season. No more produce till the strawberries are ready. I was able to store lots of root vegetables and freeze excess produce that we will be able to use the next couple of months. Lots of frozen greens for smoothies.

Our Care Group, the group continues to change and I am at times discouraged, but I am thankful for this group of people. These are the people that know me, the good the bad and the ugly and are willing to remind me of truth when all I want to do is believe lies. God is at work

I am thankful for technology (I know I've mentioned that ,so many times before) because of technology I get to do things like *face time* I am also thankful for my DIL who is always willing to do *face time* when I ask ( I know how hard it is, because everyone wants a turn and it can end up being a long event.) This is a favorite photo of my youngest grand...pure joy in that face.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of being a grandparent

How about you, are there things that you can be thankful for this week?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like we're feeling the same way about winter today, Maryanne! :)

I love your list of gratitudes. We have so much, don't we? And a God who supplies all that we truly need. I'll join you in being thankful.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Being thankful is a way of giving back to the one who blesses us with all we have.

Your produce looks wonderful.

Love that sweet photo of part of your family, joy and love.

Happy Valentine's Day ~ FlowerLady

Creations By Cindy said...

I hope that your Valentine's day is as sweet as you are Maryanne. Enjoy your son. It sounds like fun! And oh I too love being a grandparent. I have so much to be thankful for. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debbie said...

Well we've got the warm Santa Ana's over here and it has been warm over here with temps getting into the low ninety's today! i hate it! lol.. just not ready for such warm weather...yay for visits from your son, free concert tickets, birthdays. and Valentine celebrations! Enjoy!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Our precious little Granddaughter, Andi Kate, made her entrance yesterday afternoon. That makes 3 for us. She weighed 7 lb. 9 oz. and is just precious. We have her big sister and I'm sure there's some big adjustments coming for her but hopefully not too painful. :o)) Blessings for this Valentine's weekend.

Camille said...

SO wonderful to have free symphony tickets! And...so wonderful to have special family times. Happy birthday to your hubby! Mine celebrates his this upcoming weekend. Your home repairs look great...what a blessing to have a handy guy in the house. :) Hugs, Camille