header

header

Thursday, December 16, 2010

And the Beat Goes On

It's snowing today, kind of unusual for us, especially in December. Busy today despite the snow, two doctors appointments, yes they never seem to stop....and more challenges to deal with. I have had high blood pressure for almost twenty years but very well controlled, this morning it was 220/110....made my doctor stop in her tracks!! She took it again, then tried to figure out what in the world was going on, so meds added, (and taken before I left the office) dosages changed...buy a cuff, monitor blood pressure this weekend, call Monday.....and the beat goes on! Eye doctor in the afternoon, they were gracious enough to wait until I came in because they were closing early due to snow. Corneal ulcer is healing but I will need to continue with all the drops for another week....this was disappointing because I wanted to be able to finally stop the drops....four different drops four times a day...ok not that big of a deal, but I wanted to be done! Sometimes I just have to wonder what in the world is going on. We watch what we eat, exercise, do all the right things. Breast cancer.... ok fine, one out of eight women get breast cancer, the corneal ulcer...well things happen, the blood pressure....come on now!  The Lord reminding me that these bodies are perishing...you can do all the right things, doesn't change that fact. The Lord is continuing to lead me to just rest in him, trust in him...so that's where I am at right now..this is all part of his purposes.

"Therefore we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal"  2 Corinthians 4:16-18


No comments: