header

header

Friday, December 10, 2010

Learning to Dance in the Rain

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end....it's about learning to dance in the rain" (author unknown) I love this quote! My life has been pretty "bumpy" these last few weeks and just when I thought there might be a light at the end of the tunnel, a new problem crops up. In my mind the storm we have been going through has been useful, God has shown us alot during this time and I have been so thankful for his faithfulness.....but I wanted the storm to be over...I was "done"...after all don't I "deserve" a break already (I do have a flair for the dramatic!) Then I heard this quote and it just stuck with me. I don't know when my storm will finally be over, and even when this ends there may be another around the corner. There is always going to be storms in this life, some never end....not in this life anyway. I don't want to be stuck where I am, not moving forward because I am waiting for the storm to end....it doesn't always. Instead I want to learn to dance in the rain....I have reason to.....because Christ died for me, I can look forward to eternal life with him.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all"
2 Corinthians 4:17

No comments: