header

header

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Living Intentionally


This is a phrase I used in my last post. Sounds good, but how do you live "intentionally"?

You take the time to appreciate life, not just rush though it (former me) Daily count your blessings

You respond to that still small voice that prompts you to make that call, write that note or send that text.  I can't tell you how many times I would have been prompted to do something in the past and would intend on following through, but would just forget. Mind you I'm not there yet but Lord continues to give me opportunities.

You realize life can change in a moment, so you don't put things off that need to be done or said, this is particularly important when it comes to relationships.

Look for opportunities to listen to someone who may want to talk, you would be amazed how easily it is to engage someone with a kind word or comment.

Finally live each day as if it could be your last day.

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom  Psalm 90:12

7 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Yes the term "intentional living" is thrown out a lot...thanks for defining it...and yes, that is how I want to live also

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I've reached the age (60) where I am aware of how short my days are ... and I too want to live intentionally. Thanks for this post.

Debbie said...

What you describe (good intentions with no follow through) is a place where I fail all too often.

This was a wonderful reminder and convicting post.

Farm Girl said...

I was just thinking about this as I walked around, the people that God will prompt me to call or write or what ever, and I am glad he does. I wish I was better at it too. Thanks for writing about it,

Farm Girl said...

Yes, but it was shocking too, I think I have become a bit of a slacker now. :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I want to live each day intentionally as well. There's so much we miss when we casually walk-thru life.

Thanks for stopping by.

peace~elaine

Petra said...

Appreciate life, and daily count your blessings! This is the recipe for sweet contentment, which lies at the heart of faith! Thank you and blessings!