header

header

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ready, Set, Smile




Family portrait time, something we have done for the last five years. Typically we do it in the fall, around Thanksgiving, one time a year when we know everyone will be available.
DIL suggested that now might be a good time to get a group photo, young musician will be leaving for school soon, who knows how long it would be before we were all together again. She had some pictures of the kids at the beach that she loved, suggested the family picture be taken at the beach.

Oldest son and DIL's family has grown since that first photo shoot, family photos are a bit more complicated now. They have added two more children to their family, one is a newborn with frequent feedings, DIL thought the best time to take the picture would be in the early morning children would be rested and fed. Got to love this girl, I would never have even suggested doing this with four kids.

I went out the day before and picked the spot, the time was set, all that was left was to get everyone together at the appointed time

Our photo included nine people (three of which were children under the age of four,) what do you think the chances were that we were able to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time, let alone smile. That is part of the fun, our photos are never perfect but the memories made during the process are priceless and we have the photos to prove it.

Trying to keep everyone together was a bit like herding cats, so much to see and do. (this would include the adults) Tried to be quick and organized, knew we had a short opportunity of time. To complicate matters, I wasn't able to wear my contacts because of some eye irritation I was having, so I had to go back a forth with my "readers" trying to see the camera settings. Despite all of this we were able to get some pictures that will be usuable.

Beautiful day, thankful for the memories were we able to make with our family. Thankful that this group enjoys spending time together and what can I say about this DIL of mine, she is the daughter I never had.

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight  yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart Psalm 37:4-5







6 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Lovely family and beautiful photos! Captured to always enjoy :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Absolutely beautiful photos! Wish we lived close enough to the beach to suggest that for a location for family photos. ;-)

no spring chicken said...

These shots are wonderful... but where is the group shot? Is it coming later? I'll be patient.

Blessings, Debbie

Debbie said...

Those are wonderful. I started to smile at the first shot. I'd love to see the group photo. I'm sure it's wonderful.

Petra said...

Beautiful family and photos!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Family picture time is a nightmare at my household. When the kids were smaller, I worked hard at having their outfits match, etc. It was a huge production. Now that I'm mostly over it, we just point and snap and hope for the best!

peace~elaine