header

header

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Waiting Begins

The beach last week, big difference today

Our preps are done. We spent the entire afternoon yesterday taking down plants, tying things up, running those last minute errands. Husband was even up on the roof checking the gutters. (did it while I was out, probably a good thing) Stopped into to see Sweet Lady, was told if facility took on water they would be evacuated, we had an opportunity to bring her to the house but decided against it. We are not sure what we will be facing.

Our church has put a network together to help keep track of everyone's status during the storm. We are staying and have let them know. The goal is to help if someone needs assist, especially afterward. We are charging all our phones, computers and IPods (amazing how technology has taken over our home) Husband found an inverter, says it will allow us to use car battery to run small appliances (like a coffee pot or fan)

We still have power, but I don't expect that it will stay on as the weather deteriorates. Once power is lost it may take days for them to restore it. 

Friend posted some good reminders

So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand  Isaiah 41:10
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you  Isaiah 43:2
Who has measured the waters in the hollow in his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens  Isaiah 40:12

We are as set as we can be, trusting the Lord, asking for his protection, thanks to all that are praying for us, we appreciate it.

2 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Isaiah 41:10 is my favorite verse!

I'm praying that you will be safe.

Farm Girl said...

I will be praying for you today!