header

header

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Day Off

I have completed my first full week at work since back from vacation, and it went pretty well...I think I can do this. I have already been approached about increasing my hours temporarily until I go out for surgery in March, I was a bit surprised...my first response was to say sure, no problem, but I caught myself and made no firm commitment. This is how things happened in the past, I would "temporarily" increase my hours to help out...then it was just expected. I am proceeding with caution, now is just not the time...I know my limits. Plan today was to get my son's room cleaned out...pretty optimistic. I am easily distracted...did the linen ...saw a glass that needed to go to the kitchen..went downstairs...thought about dinner....took something out....while looking in fridge decided to clean it out a bit...realized had not had anything to eat yet....made breakfast/lunch....went backup stairs to get new linen.... linen closet a mess so decided to take some linen out we no longer use...soon 3PM and realized the only thing I had done with the room was the bed and I was ready for a nap. (I used to feel guilty about napping during the day....except Sundays...but no more!) I wish I could blame the cancer for this behavior but I have always been this way...I have a son who has the same problem...(I won't mention names but you know who you are) I am also enjoying my Arimidex "vacation". The joint pain I was having started to diminish about three days off the drug...knew there would be a difference but was surprised by how much. This will be short lived because I am going to have to go back on something soon. I have a script for Aromasin but I am even more concerned about it's side effects both can cause joint pain, fatigue, hot flashes, increase BP. Aromasin can also cause vertigo, increase tryglycerides and cognitive problems (do I really need that?) I am leaning towards asking my onc if I can just continue with the Arimidex, at least I know what to expect. I have read that a gluten free diet has been helpful for some women experiencing joint pain caused by Arimidex, think I may try that....certainly can't hurt. Praying for wisdom...God has been so faithful...trusting that he will continue to direct my path. These are such little things in light of things that are eternal.....that's what I have to remember.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will counsel you and watch over you"
Psalm 32:8

No comments: