header

header

Monday, January 31, 2011

Arimidex "Holiday" Continues

Spoke to my oncologists nurse practitioner and they want me to stay off my Arimidex for another week, sounds good to me. What they want me to find is a baseline...in other words..how would I be feeling without it. Reminding me that some of this joint pain could be age related...I had history of joint pain prior to cancer..all this true but the Arimidex has definitely increased it. Request is valid, asked me to keep a pain diary...what pain meds taking....how often...effectiveness etc. I haven't really figured out how to best take the pain meds..concerned over Taking too much tylenol and liver problems and not sure the best way to take ultram.Right now feeling pretty good...of course it has been 10 days since my last dose.NP not impressed over my concerns about Aromasin...says side effects similar to Arimidex..except Aromasin has a steroid in it that seems to help some women...I am not convinced...she says I read too much...probably true... the bottom line is they don't care what I take..."just realize you will need to be on this for five years and we don't want you to end up a crippled old lady" (was that comment meant to get my attention??) I told her I would continue to think about it..I am supposed to call her the end of the week let her know what I decide to do. I will probably continue with the Arimidex unless it starts to effect my mobility then I will change to the Aromasin. I would like to see if I can make a difference with going Gluten Free (she did not think it would help) and increasing my activity. There are so many factors to consider..I would really prefer being on none of this stuff but it's kind of my insurance policy... I will continue for now...quality of life does have to be a consideration...for now I am going to enjoy my break. On a more exciting note I have some photography opportunities coming up, chance to focus on something I enjoy, maybe learn a few things. That has been one of the goals I have set since my diagnosis....don't wait....do what you love...make the most of every opportunity.

No comments: