header

header

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Got The Fever

That would be spring fever. Gorgeous weather outside, yesterday near 80, but it is after all February and I know this will not last. We have at least another two months of cold/cool weather ahead so I am trying not to get too excited. We are in Williamsburg, one of our favorite places to stay when we want to get away. This is our Christmas present to ourselves...albeit a little late. Little shopping, went to York River State Park, walked a little...took some pictures, then went back to the hotel to nap... perfect day Anxiety level better, the Lord lead me to a passage the very morning after my surgeons appointment... it was Philippians 4:6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." The answer God gave me for my anxiety was to pray...Ok I knew that but I needed the fresh reminder. I was focusing on what was ahead, not on how the Lord has carried me through thus far. His word says he will guard my heart and mind. I looked up the word guard and it means to watch over, protect, defend, shield from harm. My prayer is I will shift my focus off the "what ifs" ahead and instead focus on the Lord who is my great protector... who provides whatever I need...which right now is peace....he has been faithful thus far.

No comments: