header

header

Friday, February 11, 2011

Preparation

Started the process of getting ready for my upcoming surgery yesterday. Went to see my PCP, with "laundry list" of issues that I wanted to discuss with her in hand. First, I don't sleep...her advice..take the sleeping pills....second, joint pain...no easy solution for that, but she was very supportive of going gluten free. (said 80% of her patients who go gluten free have a reduction in joint pain)Wasn't a fan of the Ultram long term, or the large doses of tylenol I was taking (lot of tylenol without a lot of relief...not much bang for your buck)I wasn't crazy about taking all that tylenol anyway. Maybe try Celebrex again after surgery if oncologist gives the OK. Lots of blood work done,  told me if my iron level not improved from the last time it was drawn (back in Nov.) I will have to have an iron transfusion before she will give me clearance for the surgery. (frankly I have never heard of an iron transfusion, is it like a blood transfusion?) Praying that the levels will be fine....really don't want to have to do that...just doesn't fit in my schedule. Getting a little anxious as I start to think about surgery again....not looking forward to it. Praying that I will be able to rest in the Lord and trust in him as I walk through these next couple of weeks.







No comments: