header

header

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Searching for Signs of Spring

I am getting kind of weary of winter, for those of you in the Northeast and Midwest I know my complaint is laughable, our winters are generally mild in comparison, so I apologize for my whining. Today was sunny and in the 50's so we decided to head out to Botanical Gardens to see if we could find any evidences of spring. There was still patches of snow scattered here and there (we had 4 inches on Thursday) but there were also plenty of signs that spring could be close at hand. Several trees were budding and the daffodils were up about three inches. The gardens should be beautiful in another month. Spring is my favorite time of year, for me it has always represented new beginnings, even more than New Years. Everything comes back to life, it's a new start. I have a lot of hopes for spring this year.


 

No comments: